Unique, delicious and healthy – we teach you how to start your day powerful and satisfied! Tips, facts and recipes for the most important meal of the day!
According to Ayurveda, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To activate your agni, your digestive fire, your body needs food. Without any breakfast, our body will respond quickly to stress, our blood sugar level is low, concentration won´t come easy and our metabolism need more time to “start.” We will be tired quickly and have binge eating habits for lunch or cravings for sugar and sweets.
The Ayurvedic way to start the day!
The important point is to eat right for your Mind-Body-Type, your Dosha. The needs of your body for your diet are very unique! Pitta Dosha is all about fire, and so you need grounding but cooling food to don´t overheat your agni, your digestive fire.
You will help your unique Body type to activate your agni, breaking down the nutrients, feel grounded but energized and more healthy. If you never tried this before, I highly recommend a few weeks of Ayurvedic breakfast – the effects are there after a few days. Promised!
Ayurvedic breakfast for Pitta
When you like smoothie bowls, plant based yogurt or raw fruits and veggies and you are mainly Pitta Dosha – congratulations! You have such an easy Dosha and can eat all the delicious food! (As mainly Vata I would love to eat my smoothie bowls more often….).
So you have here a great variety but also need to avoid some ingredients which can trigger your Pitta fire. As Pitta Dosha, your metabolism works fast and so you also need food that energizes you but also keeps you a long time satisfied.
The Qualities of Pitta Dosha
The qualities of your food should be cool, sweet, juicy and dry. The main qualities of your Dosha are hot, oily sharp and pungent – so always think about the opposite qualities again!
Ayurveda does not recommend cold food, but with this Dosha you can eat raw foods. My ayurvedic teacher Janavallabha das always said that this Dosha is the only Dosha, who can digest raw food and fruits well. But start your morning routine still with hot lemon water oder fennel tea! (It is all about balance)!
For a optimal digestion your breakfast ingredients could be Smoothie Bowls with bananas, apples, berries, mangos. You could also have coconut yogurt, because coconut yogurt is cooling down a lot. You could have a Chakra salad with a variety of fruits like apricots, berries, figs, dates melons and papayas. For toppings you can also use dry fruits and coconut shred, granola and raw fruits and nuts.
Get inspired by this easy and cooling Pitta breakfast recipe:
Refreshing Bananarama Chia Bowl
½ cup of coconut yogurt
1 ripe banana
1 teaspoon of protein-based protein powder
2 Tablespoons of chia seeds (I used white here)
1 pitted date or 1 tablespoon agave juice
A sip of plant based milk of choice
½ cup of strawberries
1 handful of blueberries
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
1 handful of almonds, raw
1 tablespoon hazelnuts
1 teaspoon of dried Goji berries
1 tablespoon of coconut granola
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
Here we go:
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork, mix your yogurt to it and add the chia seeds, the protein powder, the plant based milk and sweetener of choice. Stir well and place a little plate on top, let that mixture sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes – but you know I like to prepare things in the evening to have a nice breakfast done. I suggest to leave it overnight into your fridge and just chop your fruits in the morning onto it!
- In the morning when you prepare your hot water and get ready in the bathroom, get your bowl out of the fridge and set aside – you have cooling ingredients, but you do not have to eat the bowl super cold, as it is the first meal of the day.
- Chop your fruits over it and place the granola, nuts and Gojis as you want to. Decorate it with a positive mind and loving attitude. Your eye also eats with you and will be easily satisfied when your bowl looks like heaven. But for sure – it will taste like it!
Doesn´t this sound perfectly to start your day with? Here are some pro-hacks to save time in the morning:
- Prepare the bowl overnight so that the chia seeds can get mushy.
- Chop your fruits and nuts in the evening and add them in a small bowl into your fridge, or the nuts outside.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier to find time to prepare and eat a moment in silence before you have to leave the house.
- Go seasonal with your toppings to find more variety! The Farmers market can inspire you!
- Drink a warm cup of water in the morning first – 30 Minute before you have breakfast. At this time, get your bowl out of the fridge, so it will have room temperature when you eat it.
Already cooled down your mind? Let me know and leave some love in the comments section below!
No? If you are already living in Winterfell, find my Vata breakfast recipe and hacks here: https://fromayurvedawithlove.com/2019/04/28/ayurvedic-breakfast-lets-get-warm-vata-peeps/
And if you don´t feel airy and aetheric at all, you might have more of a earthy Kapha Dosha – and will find here next week some delicious and easy, vegan recipe to start your day with and tips and facts about what to eat and what to avoid! Don´t miss the post and subscribe here if you liked this post! 🙂
Beautiful Sunday to you and have a beautiful start to your new week!