Happy first of September to all of you!
Peeps, I can´t believe it´s already September! We are heading now straight into a new season and so this weekend I would like to celebrate with you the September harvest month and transition into fall with this delicious raw cake with plums and figs!
Yes. Raw cake. Raw cake is a passion of mine I can´t hide. Once I tasted a raw cake I never had any cravings for normal cake again. But raw cake got also some cooling qualities, because it must be served a bit cold – so it is perfect for summer and the beginning of September! This cake is also a win for Thanksgiving folks!
As we have so many plums now, I thought this is the perfect way to start into the new month!
Also find my reccomendations today for a perfect September/Autumn diet! If you change your nutrition now a bit, you will have a smoothe transition into the cooler seasons! Promise. Find the post here:
Let´s get started to prepare that cake!
For the bottom you will need:
1 cup of almonds, soaked in water overnight
1 cup of Medjool dates, soaked overnight
4 tbsp. raw cacao powder
1 tsp. Turmeric powder
1 pinch of cardamom
1 pinch of himalayan pink salt
1 pinch ground nutmeg
For the Cheesecake you will need:
2 cups of Cashews, soaked in water overnight
1 very ripe and frozen banana
6 very ripe plums, chopped
4 tbsp. melted coconut oil
5 soft Medjool dates, soaked in water overnight
1 pinch of cinnamon
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or fresh vanilla (1/2 teaspoon)
2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
½ cup of water fort he consistency, eventually more – but start with less!
For the topping you can use:
4 thinly sliced plums
1 hand full of chopped hazelnuts
1 big ripe fig, thinly sliced
I drizzled also a raw cacao chocolate spread on the cake
- Soak all the necessary ingredients over night in small bowls, covered and room temperature.
- Drain the cashews and add them into your highspeed blender. Add plums, the banana, maple syrup, water, orange juice , cinnamon and vanilla and dates and blend the mixture until it´s very smooth. Eventually you will need more water. The consistency should be creamy and sticky and not too liquid! Set aside.
- Bring now the dates, almonds, vanilla, cacao, turmeric, cardamom, nutmeg and salt into your blender or – food processor. Add a little bit of water and pulse until you have a sticky mixture – it shouldn´t become a paste, their should be little pieces of almonds be seen.
- Press the crust now into a small springform and make it even with a tablespoon. On top, our cheesecake filling! Also tab here with a teaspoon evenly.
- Place your cake in the freezer overnight. Before you eat the cake, let it sit outside for 15 – 20 minutes and garnish with the figs, plums and hazelnuts.
I hope you will also like this one! If you try out any of our recipes, feel free to make a picture and tag us in your social media! We also are happy about comments and love in the section below and for sure subscribing to our blog to don´t miss any delicious recipes!
From my heart to yours,
One thought on “Raw Plum Cheesecake Recipe”
Omg I know this must be heavenly!