How to sleep better with Ayurveda
Nowadays many people struggle with a good night´s sleep. We sit in front of screens all day long, we are stressed and our head has a hard time to calm down. Ayurvedically speaking, we have excess Vata and we live a lifestyle that doesn´t help us with that. So for our brain, it is impossible to relax.
Besides a general morning and night routine, there are some other helpful things you can do to release stress and find a calm and peaceful night. With that topic, I want to share a Magical Ayurvedic Moon Milk recipe with you. It´s my number one sleep remedy treatment and my clients love it!
A healthy evening Routine can help you to release stress and find better sleep. Your sleep quality will also increase the quality of your day, so try to change some habits and invest time into YOURSELF! Find here my top 4 hacks for a sweet night time:
- A hot bath with a relaxing oil massage before bed is helpful to stay away from your TV and phone, but also is grounding down your senses. A hot bathtub with candles, lavender or Jasmine scents will help you to find your center.
- Massaging your feet with warm oil is another perfect evening ritual when you don´t find time to take a bath. Our feet have a tremendous amount of nerve endings, massaging them will relax your whole body for good.
- The Magical Ayurvedic Moon Milk with Ashwagandha and nutmeg is also working in a vegan version. Nutmeg is a natural sleep remedy and Ashwagandha is calming and balancing our brain chemistry. The ritual of drinking a warm cup of delicious milk (almond milk is my favorite) will relax you and put you right to sleep.
- A gentle Yoga practice and Pranayama practice in the evening. I always try to get stuff done until 7 p.m. and take some time on my mat. Alternate nostril breathing technique and Yin Yoga are wonderful to find peace.
Let´s start our way to a healthy sleeping routine today. Start this evening with my magical milk receipe and maybe you will also find time for a hot bathtub on this rainy and foggy November evening. Here is my recipe for you:
Magical Ayurvedic Moon Milk
· 1 cup plant milk of choice
· ¼ tsp. cinnamon
· ½ tsp. turmeric
· ¼ tsp. ground Ashwagandha
· 1 pinch of cardamom
· 1 pinch of nutmeg
· 1 pinch of black pepper
· ½ tsp. virgin coconut oil
· 1 tsp. agave juice or maple syrup
1. Warm up the coconut oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat.
2. Whisk in turmeric, cinnamon, ashwagandha, cardamom, and nutmeg, and a pinch of fresh black pepper. Let the smell of spices fill up your kitchen and stir a bit until everything is a nice paste.
3. Add the plant-based milk and let simmer for 5 minutes up to ten while stirring. Add the sweetener of choice. The longer you let the spices cook, the more helpful your sleep remedy is going to be!
4. Pour your magical moon milk into your favorite mug, enjoy calm piano music and a good night´s story from an inspiring book. Ground down all your senses and have the best night´s rest!
Don´t forget to subscribe to my blog! And tell us in the comment section below how good you slept!
Have a good night´s sleep and wonderful dreams!